Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

I always love Memorial Day! We have started really enjoying visiting all the graves of our family that has passed on. (We have been accused of being 'Grave Hoppers'.) We usually spread it out over the weekend visiting grandparents, aunts, and of course Mason and Andrew. We started a fun little tradition where we each have to share a memory of the person we are visiting. The kids come up with the funniest things for example the memory of Jaren's Grandma Argyle was her oxygen tubes, and eating Sonic ice. For my Grandpa Park it was his big glasses (which I don't really remember that). The ones they didn't ever meet we had to tell them something about them. Anyway it was kind of fun! Memorial Day we started by driving up to Logan and having a breakfast at my parents house with some of Jaren's family. Then headed over to the boys graves, where you can see are how loved they are:)
This is the kids having a hard time getting their picture taken. If you can't tell... they get along really well!




Mason's flowers
Again my cute neighbor Angie did them and I love them every year!
Andrew's Flowers
Both our parents having breakfast.




I love this picture because this is my mom's parents headstone. Well my grandma's maiden name is Argyle. I know, I know a little gross. But our kids are normal, and yes Jaren and I are related aways down the line.

Grandma and Grandpa Argyle's grave

2 comments:

Cami said...

That is a great tradition that you have going on! It all makes sense now that you mentioned the maiden name. I always have felt like you and Jaron were a little different :) kidding! It was great seeing you a few weeks ago!! Good luck with the ragnar! Maybe I will see you at the finish line!

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your Memorial Day every year!