Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Field Trips

I don't know about any of you... but I feel like the end of the year is so packed with fun activities with the kids that I feel like we are going and going, and fun project after project. Well I have been lucky enough to be able to attend two of Allie's field trips. The first one was a walk (and I am not meaning a couple blocks) it was like 3 miles uphill both ways and did I mention it was snowing?? Ok not really but it was like 3 miles or more and it was cold and windy. We walked to the Hamblin Farm (which I learned that is the last dairy farm in Davis County, I found that very interesting since my Grandpa has one in Southern Utah). The kids enjoyed watching a sheep get a hair cut, learning how to milk cows, planted some seeds, learned about eating healthy from some High School Dairy Princesses, and were able to look at all the animals. Quite the adventure and I think the kids all enjoyed it. At the end I was literally pulling a boy by his hand dragging him because he was too tired to walk. But of course I always have my good little helper Allie who absolutely loves being in charge or a mother figure who would walk in front of our group with her hand in the air so everyone else would follow her:) (Kind of reminded me of Mrs. Gettman my 2nd grade teacher if any of my fellow Providence Elementary classmates are reading this:)


Our second field trip we went on was to The Hogle Zoo. I am not a Zoo lover, but since I love my daughter I signed up to go. It definitely was a stressful crazy day. Trying to keep track of five kids in a very overcrowded zoo running each and everyway brought on just a little bit of anxiety! I was very glad when it was time to go back to the buses:) Our favorite animals that we saw were the elephants, giraffes, monkeys, and rhinos!




1 comment:

Melissa said...

I hear ya on all the activities. I went on an all day field trip with Addy. Boy was it an endeavour! It was fun but I am not a teacher for a reason!!! I had to put my foot down and say NO when she asked if I would go on the pool field trip. Not planning on being in my swim suit in front of a bunch of little 2nd graders! I draw the line at that!!!