Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Island Park

This years Mills trip was to Island Park. We usually go on a big family vacation every other year. In the past we have always gone to the Oregon Coast. This year we decided to change it up a bit and try somewhere new. We took the boat, Jaren's parents Ranger, lots of fishing poles, and of course lots of food:) My parents got a nice big cabin on Bill's Island.
Asking the kids what was their favorite part of the trip was...
Allie said 'The Hot Tub (which the 3 little girls sat in everyday, two times a day!) tubing behind the boat on the lake, and canoeing down the river.'
Kaden's favorite part of the trip was floating down the river and riding the Ranger.
Natalie's favorite part was probably the relaxing and laying around reading books.
Jaren's (since he is not here to ask) probably when he finally caught a big enough fish to keep, he brought it home in the dark cleaned it and brought into the kitchen in the light and decided it was a 'white' fish. So he through it out!
The kids put their hand over their hearts through the town of Rigby, ID. That is the town the television was invented:)

We stopped at Bear world in Rexburg on the way up. It was really cool seeing all the bears so close up. I was very glad those were the only bears I saw on this vacation:)





They had a betting zoo at Bear World.




My mom brought up some crafts for the kids to do. They each made a little birdhouse that we filled with seed and hung out on the trees. We never saw any birds eating the bird seed, but I think we supplied a lot of the local chipmunks with lots of seed:)


Lots of fishing. Not a lot of fish:(
Allie and I did have a nice experience with leeches. Allie took off her water shoes after being in the water and there were three big long ugly leeches stuck to her ankle. She was calm until I started trying to flick them off and they were sucking and wouldn't come off. She started freaking out and I did too because I didn't like touching them. So Jaren had to come to the rescue and ply them off. Of course he thought we were babies for freaking out. But I don't care, they were disgusting!



What a manly fishing pole!



We all take turns making dinners while on our vacation.
Well it happened to be POURING rain on our night, and we had planned tin foil dinners.
Jaren made this nice tent over the fire to keep it dry:)

Mesa Falls

Yellowstone








Hiking Uncle Tom's Trail

Floating down the river....







Jeff jumping into the freezing cold water!
All the boys decided to try it out!

My fish I caught!
Proud moment.

No comments: