Sunday, March 21, 2010

Moab


It is that time of year again! Our 2nd annual (maybe our last, still undecided) half marathon in Moab Utah. A lot of people from my ward signed up to run either the half or the 5 mile run. It is actually a lottery pick, and luckily we all got in (us and 5,000 others:) We decided to save some money and stay in some Cozy Cabins at the KOA. (Also still undecided if that was worth it or not). Jaren got his mountain bike ride in with Brent on Friday, we ran Saturday and then left around lunch time. It was definitely a quick but fun and cold trip!

Cozy Cabin shared with Mike and Melinda

Lisa showing off our new florescent green shirts and hats.

Rachel's warm hotel room!

Waiting to eat at Pasta Jays for dinner! YUMMY!

BRRRRR!

Very happy to see Jaren around mile 11!

I was very happy with my race time,
I wanted to beat my last half marathon time of 2:09.
Happy to say I ran it in 2:01!
(Ok so it was really 2:01:58, but I round down:)

After the race they have so much food to eat,
which I definitely took advantage of!

Relaxing on the grass....


Time to go home!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Ok Natalie! You are awesome! Quite the runners you have in that ward! And too bad Holly was not on your basketball team this year; she most definantly brought a lot of humor when she would dribble! It looks like you have been busy and have been having some fun:)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you and your 2:01 (and 58 seconds...) time. That is so awesome!! And, it looks like so much fun that I just *might* need to take up running again.

Melissa B. said...

Good Job! When did you get so SPORTY? And since when do you play basketball? I don't think I have ever known this side of you in all the years we have been freinds. Besides aerobics at the YMCA in CT and high school cheerleading! I can't wait until my running days can start after this baby. Steph said she saw you the other night at the office. Come visit WA!