
I love Memorial Day! A day to go visit graves and hang out with family and friends. This Memorial Day we woke up early and I ran a 5K here in Syracuse with a bunch of friends. Then off to an awesome breakfast at the Waltons. (Maybe we should start this as a tradition.) After that, we headed up to Logan to visit Mason and Andrew's graves. My cute neighbor Angie, who I love more then ever makes the cutest, prettiest, awesomest flower arrangements each year. I just let her be creative (since I am not) and she always come up with something adorable. It means so much to me that she makes them. I met Angie when I very first moved in, actually Jaren met her first before I moved to Syracuse because he was her dentist. When I was pregnant with Andrew and having major problems needing to go to the hospital right away, she was the one we called. She so willingly took Kaden for the whole day, it was so nice to have someone there for us. Anyway, I have felt a close bond with her since then, and having her make these arrangements for Mason and Andrew makes it even all the better.
For some reason my husband tends to always get a picture of my back....
This year we missed the Argyle family. Usually we meet with Jaren's family too. I posted a picture from last years Memorial Day! We always have great support from both sides of our families!
Here are some pictures of our day......
Cute Faye running to the end, enduring her calf pain! One thing I love about this picture is the scenery. I really love running out here in Syracuse on these trails....
And here is Joni... Need I say more? She was awfully excited to see her husband, or maybe she was happy to be done with the race.
Andrews grave
Mason's grave
This year we missed the Argyle family. Usually we meet with Jaren's family too. I posted a picture from last years Memorial Day! We always have great support from both sides of our families!
7 comments:
Those are the most colorful, happiest looking grave sites I have ever seen! I seriously mean that! Mason and Andrew are so lucky to have you and Jaren as parents. I look forward to meeting them some day. (So do you get them both back at once so they will be like twins?!) ;)
Your running friend, I think her name is Joni, she seems kind of like a spaz to me. :)
I seriously can not get enough of seeing these pictures. You already know how much I love the one at your house. These are true family pictures and so uplifting and inspiring to me.
Natalie, can I just say how much I admire you. For all that you have been through you are still the most upbeat and positive person I know. You always look at the bright side of life. I feel so blessed to know you and your family. Your boy's graves look so nice with all the bright flowers. I love the cute dump truck too! Glad you had a great day!
It looks like you guys had a nice weekend. Natalie your strength is amazing. You are someone I look up to!
I love the flowers, so cute and creative. I have missed not being able to go visit Amber any time I want. Glad you get to go and that you had a great weekend!
Nat , It looks like you had a great day. Looking back to those days of Mason and Andrew you were so amazing. I still marvel at the way you handled all of that. My heart goes out to my friends who have lots babies. We love you guys.
You and Jaren haven't changed... your kids on the other hand. I can't remember what little Kaden looked like... I'd need a picture to compare. I can't believe it's been so long. They are adorable!
How's Jaren's dentistry biz? Did he buy his own practice? It looks like things are going well in Syracuse.
We'll be visiting UT over the 4th of July... hopefully we get to see you there!
PS Great pictures :)
Post a Comment