
This week Jaren and his office assistant Morgan were able to do their annual visit to the elementary schools. It started out when Kaden was in Kindergarten at West Point Elementary, the teachers caught word that he was a dentist. They invited him to come and talk with the kids about teeth and what dentists do. He was such a hit, he goes every February and talks with the Kindergarten classes. We have added Buffalo Point Elementary now too, which is where our kids go now. Allie was so excited for this day. She has been waiting all month for it. We even checked her out of school so she could come and be Jaren's helper for the rest of the classes. I think Jaren does a great job with the kids. We let a couple of the kids dress up like the dentist and some like the assistants with the gloves, masks, and coat. Then he talks to the kids about sugar bugs and how to keep them from damaging your teeth. The last thing they do is show them how to brush. He has a giant push broom that he demonstrates how to brush while kids are pretending to be the teeth. He then takes rope and shows them how to floss. The kids laugh and laugh at it. At the end, they each get a goodie bag with no treats, but a toothbrush, toothpaste, & floss. Now hopefully they will use it.

Allie and Zack (Juice-man) Zuspan
(Allie always thought Zack's last name was Juice-man)

Jaren showing the kids how to brush their teeth!
Allie's Kindergarten class!
7 comments:
That is so cute! I am glad I finally got an invite!
Thanks for the invite to your blog! Glad to see you have joined the rest of us blogging. Loved all of your posts!!!
So glad you finally joined the bandwagon :) Will Jaren come teach both my boys to brush and flosh their teeth with that fun object lesson?
You're right, Jaren is so good with the kids, you know my girls love him! I think that they would even brush with that HUGE push broom if HE asked them to. :)
Hey, Thanks for the invite. I was looking at your Mason entry, I can't believe that was 7 years ago. I was getting teary thinking about those days. Jaren looks like he was a hit with the giant push broom.
I am so glad to see that you have joined the blogging world. Now we need to try and convince Jaime!!! It is actually quite fun to look back on and see the things you have done or funny things your kids have said. Thanks for the invite!!! I am going to have to add you to my firends list.. Talk to you later.
Courtney
Natalie! I was so excited to see your blog invite! =) Thank you for trusting me that I am not an online blog stalker. ;) I bet Jaren had a great time with those kids. He is the kind of person who the kids love, I'm sure. =)
Post a Comment