Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Buffalo Point 5K-1 Mile Run

Buffalo Point Elementary (Allie and Kaden's school) held their first annual 5K or 1 Mile walk/run. We decided all to run the 1 mile together. I was all excited to get the kids out on the trail behind our house and start training. It would be great bonding time, getting some exercise, and training for our 1 mile run. Ok- so we only ran twice outside on the trail, and it wasn't fun. When it came time for the race Kaden took off with his friends, Jaren and I stuck around with Allie who did an awesome job. She ran the whole thing. I was so impressed. At the end I said 'Ok Allie, we are almost there, it's time to sprint.' She said 'Mom, What's sprint?' I said, 'Just run as fast as you can!' And she did. Kaden also did awesome, he placed 4th in his grade. Next year 5K!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun! That is really cool. And it looks like you even had good weather for the run! YEAH!

Kristen said...

You guys look so great running. I'm impressed. Unfortunately I am enjoying all the bakeries and yummy food here, but I am feeling more motivated, kind of. Anyways, Way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Argyle's! Maybe we should challenge your family to a 1K run since Disney's "Scene It" is out of our league.

Melissa B. said...

Look at all those skinny legs!!! I am not ready for FRIDAY!

Kathy said...

What cute little runners! It sure was a fun night. Maybe we should start a little running club on the trail :).

Kendell's Crusaders said...

What, the 5-k, heck put them in the Ragnar!
Good job Argyle family!